The course has been developed to focus on providing education and training for a range of careers in business such as management, administration, personnel, marketing, accounting and law, as well as providing a general qualification which allows flexibility of study to meet local or specialist needs.
The core units studied on this programme are:
- Research Project (Pearson Set)
- Organisational Behaviour
The optional units studied are:
- Business Strategy
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations
- Consumer Behaviour and Insight
- Planning for Growth
Skills and Knowledge Developed:
Higher Nationals in Business have been developed to focus on:
- providing education and training for a range of careers in business such as management, administration, personnel, marketing, accounting and law
- providing a general qualification which allows flexibility of study to meet local or specialist needs
- providing specialist options which meet the needs of major functions in business and allows specialisation with career progression and professional recognition in mind
The programme handbook for this course is available to applicants online:
HND Business Top Up Programme Handbook (19-20)
Please note: this course will only run when it has a sufficient number of applicants.
Higher National Diploma in Business
This course leads to...
The Higher National is a strong foundation for students continuing to university to complete a degree. The level of independent research and critical thinking, as well as the assessment methodology, helps to prepare students for university.
Although the Certificate is broadly equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree, and the Diploma is broadly equivalent to the second year of this degree, the entry point for a higher national learner to a degree is at the discretion of the higher education institution.
• Full level 3 qualification (A-level or BTEC or equivalent) in relevant subject area or sufficient work experience in business/administration and finance (must produce evidence of this)
• Full level 4 qualifications will be considered
• Applicants will be interviewed and will sit an initial assessment
Applicants should hold a total UCAS Tariff points score from relevant qualifications of at least 96 points.
Candidates applying for apprenticeship routes need to be in employment.
Why study with us?
Higher nationals are designed to provide a specialist vocational programme linked to professional body requirements and National Occupational Standards, where appropriate. They offer a strong, sector-related emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding. The qualifications provide a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in their sector and their national recognition by employers allows direct progression to employment. Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.