This HNC in Computing will develop students as professional, self-reflecting
individuals able to meet both the demands of employers in the computing sector
and adapt to a constantly changing world. The qualification aims to widen access
to higher education and enhance the career prospects of those who undertake it.
The course provides students with a thorough grounding in computing principles
at Level 4 that leads on to a range of specialist progression pathways at Level
5, relating to individual professions within the computing sector.
Skills and Knowledge Developed: At Level 4, students develop a broad
knowledge and awareness of key aspects of the computing sector through eight
core units, which include one unit assessed by a Pearson-set assignment. These
- Professional Practice
- Database Design and Development
- Managing a Successful Computing Project (Pearson-set unit)
- Software Development Lifecycles
- Website Design and Development
Special Features: We have designed the course delivery so that when possible
we can include industry led courses such as CISCO and Oracle.
The programme handbook for this course is available to applicants online:
QualificationsHigher National Certificate in Computing
This course leads to...This programme produces graduates skilled in a broad range of specialist areas. Progression is through direct entry into the industry, or through further study at HND or degree level.
Entry Requirements• BTEC Level 3 qualification in Computing
• A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSEs at grades A*- C (or equivalent)
• Other related Level 3 qualifications
• An Access to HE Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
• Related work experience.
Applicants should hold a total UCAS Tariff points score from relevant qualifications of at least 96 points.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.