Diploma Level 2 Electrical Installation - Study Programme
The intent of this study programme is to prepare you for progression to the next level of study, or directly into employment, in your chosen trade.
The Level 2 programme is an excellent way to kick start your career; it will enable you to develop the skills and knowledge required, whilst applying safe practice - alongside gaining confidence to progress within college and further, into the Building Services industry.
On this course, you will develop skills that enable you to select and erect wiring systems in many different applications. You will also learn the skills which allow you to work with different types of cables and electrical accessories. You will gain knowledge in the requirements of Health & Safety in electrical installations, whilst developing your practical skills to install electrical systems safely and in accordance with relevant electrical requirements and building regulations. As well as this, you will enhance your knowledge of electrical principles and discover how to relate mathematical calculations to the real working world. As an Electrician, you’ll need a good head for heights and be happy to work outdoors as well as indoors; working to precise measurements and building plans, you’ll also develop your communication skills by working with other members of the Building Services Industry.
You must have a dedicated approach to your English and maths sessions. You will need to meet our expectation of making progress by improving upon the level you have achieved previously, at School or college. When commencing your course, your English and maths skills will be assessed, to ensure that you are working at the correct level, and that we can offer the right level of support for you to achieve in these subject areas.
If you have no prior experience and are not employed, then this course might just be what you are looking for!
This programme will help you develop key skills to improve your opportunities of gaining employment. Employers demand that all potential employees can:
• Use maths skills to assist work practices
• Use English skills to communicate; both in writing and orally, with colleagues and customers
• Attend regularly and arrive on time
• Always work safely
• Display excellent practical skills and good trade knowledge
• Work independently or as part of a team
• Find solutions to problems
What will the programme include?
• Practical workshop sessions – gain the necessary skills required to earn money and start your career
• Theory sessions – be able to link theory with precision to the practical work you have completed
• Work related activities – ensure you can follow instructions and complete an employer challenge
• Industry guest speakers – listen to what the experts say, ask questions, and discover whether this is the career is for you
• Site visits – tour a live site to observe projects in the local area and observe site expectations for safety.
• Work experience – put your learning, training and development into practice on a live site.
• Tutorial sessions – designed to develop you as an individual and plan your career progression
• Skills competitions – showcase your skills … can you win it?
City & Guilds 2365 Level 2 Diploma in Electro Technical Installations
This course leads to...
Successful completion of Level 2 will give you the underpinning skills and knowledge you need to be able to apply for jobs in the industry and then progress to Level 3.
Grade 4 or above in English Language and Mathematics.
If you do not hold grade 4 or above in English and Mathematics, why not try our Building Service L1 Certificate study programme? This programme will give you the opportunity to experience practical activities in Plumbing, Electrical, Gas and Air Conditioning, whilst working towards achieving your English and Mathematics qualifications at a grade 4 or above. Successfully achieving these grades will allow progression to the Electrical Installation L2 programme the following year.
You must be fully committed to attend all elements of your study programme, this includes Vocational and Tutorials sessions, and Work Experience activities. For 18+ students the vocational qualification is the only mandatory element of study.
PPE must be worn at all times in College workshops and there is an unwavering expectation that all students must arrive prepared for all sessions, arrive on time and be focused and ready to learn.
Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.