The HNC in Manufacturing Engineering provides a specialist work-related
programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical
skills required in the Manufacturing Engineering sector. In this pathway,
students take four mandatory core units, two specialist units and an additional
two optional units.
Mandatory Core Units:
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
Mandatory Specialist Units:
- Production Engineering for Manufacture
- Quality and Process Improvement
- Mechanical Principles
- CAD for Maintenance Engineers
Skills and Knowledge Developed: The course will:
- provide preparation for a range of technical and management careers in
- provide specialised studies which are directly relevant to individual
vocations and professions in which students are currently working or in which
they intend to seek employment
- enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment
- provide flexibility, knowledge, skills and motivation as a basis for
progression to graduate and postgraduate studies
- develop the range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes
which are essential for successful performance in working life
Special Features: The college has up-to-date equipment and software to
complement or prepare students for work in the engineering industries. Released
students are encouraged to complete a work-based project. Where appropriate,
teaching is practically based.
The programme handbook for this course is available to applicants online:
Please note: this course will only run if it receives a sufficient number of applications.
QualificationsHigher National Certificate in Manufacturing Engineering
This course leads to...The Higher National Certificate provides a solid grounding in engineering, which students can build on
should they decide to continue their studies beyond the Certificate stage.
On successful completion of the Level 4 Higher National Certificate, students can progress into employment or continue their study at level 5 - HND in Engineering (Top Up) - which provides an opportunity to extend an existing HNC qualification to a higher level with study of more in depth specialist units.
Entry RequirementsFor students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
● A* to C grade in GCSE Maths
● BTEC Level 3 qualification in Engineering (MPP Grade)
● GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This should be supported by GCSE grades at A* to C (or equivalent)
● other related Level 3 qualifications
● Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
● related work experience
● an international equivalent of the above.
Applicants should hold a total UCAS Tariff points score from relevant qualifications of at least 96 points.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.