Mathematics is a universal part of human culture. It is the tool and language of commerce, engineering and other sciences. It helps us recognise patterns and to understand the world around us. The generic nature of mathematics means that almost all industries require mathematicians.
• Mathematics A level students and graduates are in high demand by employers.
• Maths is the essential transferable component across all science, engineering, technology and maths subjects.
• Currently 59% of employers state they are having difficulty recruiting people with Mathematics skills.
• Those with maths A level earn on average around 10% more than those without.
This programme delivered by dedicated tutors at The City of Liverpool College gives you a solid grounding in Mathematics and the course consists of several modules including:
Core 1 and Core 2 which are Pure Maths modules and then you will have a choice of either Mechanics or Statistics for your Applied Maths module.
If you study Physics you are advised to take Mechanics as your Applied module as a great deal of the content overlaps. Also you will develop excellent skills in the manipulation of formula which will support the study of all of the Sciences.
Psychology and Sociology can also be greatly supported by this course.
What can I do now? For more information: • www.mathscareers.org.uk • www.furthermaths.org.uk/universities.php • http://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/informed-choices
A Level Maths and UCAS points for H.E
This course leads to...
Where will it take me?
– You must have A level Maths if you wish to study: Maths, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or Accountancy at University.
– Geography, Psychology, Biology, Medicine and Sports Science degrees all use advanced maths skills
– A person with a maths degree can expect to earn £220 000 more over their lifetime than a person whose education ceased at A level. A qualification in Maths opens doors to a wide range of careers. In particular, in Finance and Banking, Engineering, Natural and Life Sciences and Art and Design.
Grade B or 6 in GCSE Maths
Why study with us?
The maths team and students work with external companies for extra opportunities to develop skills and apply maths to real life. This course features opportunities to collaborate with other courses such as business, psychology and professional courses such as accountancy, for some extra experience and application of knowledge. Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.