This HND in Performing Arts (Acting) builds on previous experience and is suited to potential students who are determined to work within the sphere of the dramatic arts, providing opportunities to explore a wide range of different areas where they would like to progress in Drama.
The modules are chosen to help prepare graduating students for the most likely destinations they choose to pursue, be that continuing their education, or finding work as a self-employed practitioner of performing arts.
The programme features specialist modules, delivered by staff with a wealth of professional experience in each subject area. These include:
- Working in the Performing Arts
- Classical Acting
- Voice and Speech for the Actor
- Vocal and Speech for Actors
- Production Skills for Performance
- Theatre Directing
Skills and Knowledge Developed: The Ethos of the HND Acting course is one of company. Students will function as a member of a small theatre company and will develop the skills required by any successful modern theatre company. This includes learning the methodology of ‘the company as director’, where students are expected to self-direct a piece of theatre, with tutor support.
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- demonstrate self-management, self-promotion and interpersonal skills necessary for successful employment and self-employment in the acting profession
- reflect on their own performance and identify further development needs or opportunities
- pursue further higher education or professional studies in relevant subject areas
- undertake professional performance commitments
Transferable key skills/other attributes
On completion of the course, students will have had the opportunity to develop skills in:
- Communication (oral, visual, written)
- Problem solving
- Managing own workload
- Team work
- Self-evaluation and target setting
The programme handbook for this course is available to applicants online:
HND Performing Arts (Acting) Top Up Programme Handbook (19-20)
Please note: this course will only run when it has a sufficient number of applicants.
Higher National Diploma in Performing Arts (Acting)
This course leads to...
This programme produces graduates skilled in a broad range of specialist areas, and progression will be through further study at degree level or through direct entry into the industry. This course enables you to take on employment opportunities, not only as an actor but also in a variety of professional roles.
A completed HNC or equivalent level 4 certificate of higher education or suitable experience in a relevant subject.
Audition requirements for applicants include:
• A prepared classical monologue (1590-1660) of no more than three minutes in length
• A five minute prepared presentation, demonstrating evidence of research, organisation and practiced delivery
• A formal interview
• Participation in an improvised dramatic exercise
Applicants should hold a total UCAS Tariff points score from relevant qualifications of at least 96 points.
Why study with us?
The programme is taught by contemporaneous industry members and a succession of guest lecturers.Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.