Course informationThis is an ideal qualification for anyone seeking to work in the Exercise & Fitness industry. This qualification will enable you to set up in business as a Personal Trainer or work for one of the large health & fitness companies now operating in the region.
What will I learn?
Here are some of the topic areas you will cover;
• Level 2 and Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise
• Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health
• Promote Health, Safety & Welfare in a fitness environment
• Work with Clients to help them Adhere to Exercise & Physical Activity
• Plan & Prepare Gym-Based Exercise.
• Instruct & Supervise Gym-Based Exercise.
• Applying the Principles of Nutrition to a Physical Activity Programme
• Programming Personal Training with Clients
• Delivering Personal Training
You will have the opportunity to work with real clients and put your skills into practice. You will be assessed through portfolios, practical delivery and multiple choice exams.
QualificationsLevel 2 fitness instructing certificate
Level 3 personal training certificate
This course leads to...The course will enable a person to advance within the fitness industry. They will be able to work one to one with clients and progress to the HNC Exercise and fitness (Sports therapy) level 4 or master trainer.
Entry RequirementsThis is a 36 week course for students who are younger than 19. For students who are aged 19+ there is an 8 week Fast-track option available.
Applicants will require:
Prior knowledge of how the body works
Prior knowledge of using a gym
You will require an interview to secure your place. Please bring any certificates you feel are appropriate
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.