Level 2 Plastering Study Programme
The intent of this study programme is to prepare you for progression to the next level of study, or into employment in your chosen trade. By obtaining the required skills and knowledge you will not only be achieving a Diploma Level 2 qualification but will also greatly improve your chances of finding a career as a plastering operative within the Construction industry.
Plastering is a real craft that requires you to be dedicated and patient, whilst having a good work ethic to help meet the physical challenges. You will experience working with a wide range of materials to ensure you cover all aspects of plastering, including; floor laying, rendering, skimming (ceiling and walls), as well as producing and installing period mouldings.
You must have a dedicated approach to your English and maths sessions. You will need to meet our expectation of making progress by improving upon the level you have previously achieved – either at School or college. When commencing your course, your English and maths skills will be assessed, to ensure that you are working at the correct level, and that we can offer the right level of support for you to achieve in these subject areas.
If you have no prior experience and are not employed, then this course might just be what you are looking for!
This programme will help you develop key skills to improve your opportunities of gaining employment. Employers demand that all potential employees can:
• Use maths skills to assist work practices
• Use English skills to communicate; both in writing and orally, with colleagues and customers
• Attend regularly and arrive on time
• Work safely at all times
• Display excellent practical skills and good trade knowledge
• Work independently or as part of a team
• Find solutions to problems
What will the programme include?
• English and maths sessions – improve your current level, working towards a GCSE qualification at Level 4, or above
• Practical workshop sessions – gain the necessary skills required to earn money and start your career
• Theory sessions – be able to link theory with precision to the practical work you have completed
• Work related activities – ensure you can follow instructions and complete an employer challenge
• Industry guest speakers – listen to what the experts say, ask questions, and discover whether this is the career is for you
• Site visits – tour a live site to observe projects in the local area and observe site expectations for safety.
• Work experience – put your learning, practical training and development into practice on a live site.
• Tutorial sessions – designed to develop you as an individual and plan your career progression
• Skills competitions – showcase your skills … can you win it?
NOCN Cskills Awards Construction Diploma Level 2 Plastering.
This course leads to...
The Construction Diploma Level 2 course will enable students to develop their knowledge and understanding and basic practical skills to a national standard within that specific area and enhance their job opportunities.
Construction Plastering Diploma Level 1 or relevant skills and experience.
You must be fully committed to attend all elements of your study programme; this includes all sessions within your Vocational area, English and maths lessons and Work Experience. 19 plus students will be exempt from English, maths and work experience.
PPE must be worn at all times in College workshops and there is an unwavering expectation that all students must arrive prepared for all sessions, arrive on time and be focused and ready to learn.
Apply Now »
Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.