The City of Liverpool CollegeT-Level Programme - Media, Broadcast and Production (Event and Venue Technician Pathway) - The City of Liverpool College
Life at the college Apply Student benefits

T-Level Programme - Media, Broadcast and Production (Event and Venue Technician Pathway)

Media, Journalism and Production

Course ID: 175209

Course Year: 24/25

Course Details

  • Level 3 Qualification 2 Year Course equivalent to 3 A levels.
  • The T level programme is eligible for UCAS points
  • Includes a in depth industry placement students get valuable experience in the workplace; employers get early signs of new talent in the industry.

What to expect from the course

T level students work 80% in the college gaining the skills that employers need. The other 20% is an specialist industry placement where the students can put these skills into action. During the courses students will work a variety of internal and external clients ensuring the technical requirements needed for a range of live events/productions and venues. This course enables students to build the range of skills needed to plan and run the technical production and progress into work in the technical events management industry. Students will learn to select utilise and maintain the appropriate industry equipment and have the opportunity specialise in an area of focus. Looking at Lighting, sound stage management, set and prop design.
The course includes;
• A core component which is 100% externally assessed by 2 written examinations.
• Employer -set project (ESP) which will take place across the placement and college
• Occupational Specialism Component is assessed by synoptic assignments.

Why study with us?

Student Benefits

A baker decorating pastries.
Academy Bakery

The Academy Bakery is located on the Duke Street campus, producing a range of first class baked goods daily. These include artisan breads, patisserie and biscuits, as well as special occasion/novelty cakes by award-winning master-bakers. Students are offered a range of discounts throughout the year.

The Academy Bakery
A woman getting a nail treatment on her hands.
Academy Hair and Beauty Salons

Duke Street is also home to The Academy Hair and Beauty salons. They offer generous student discounts on a wide range of hair and beauty treatments, at a fraction of high-street prices. These include styling, cutting, perming, highlights, facials, manicures, electrolysis and traditional and homeopathic massage.

The Academy Salons
A chef preparing a dish.
Academy Restaurant

Duke Street campus is also home to the College’s Academy Restaurant. Often referred to by it’s customers as Liverpool’s hidden gem, the restaurant serves top class cuisine, at highly competitive prices. Food is expertly prepared by professional chef/tutors and young chefs in training and offers students a range of discounts at different times of the year.

The Academy Restaurant
An illustration of students using Office 365.
Microsoft Office 365 - Free

When you become a student of the College you’ll receive full access to Microsoft Office 365. This allows you to install the software on your own computer and other devices at home, completely free of charge.

A gym, including treadmills and exercise bikes.
Onsite Sports Facilities/Fitness Suite

The college has excellent sports and fitness facilities at its Roscoe Street campus. Students pay a one-off membership fee for all year round usage of weekly supervised gym sessions, as well as access to a number of sporting clubs and events.

Career pathways

Career pathways might include
• Studio sound engineer
• TV or film sound Technician
• TV or Film Production assistant
• Radio Broadcast assistant
• Stage crew
• Audio visual Technician
• Lighting designer and Technicians
• Live sound engineer.
• Event production Manager

We're here to help...

Contact us to discuss your application or find out more:

 : 0151 252 3000

Entry Requirements

5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above, including Maths and English. Or a Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject area at Merit or above, and GCSE Maths and English at Grade 5 or above.


This course is only available to learners aged 16-18 at the start of the course and is free.

Apply Now »

College Videos