Apply for Manufacturing Engineering, Higher National Certificate (HNC) ...
The HNC in Manufacturing Engineering provides a specialist work-related programme of study that covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical skills required in the Manufacturing Engineering sector. In this pathway, students take four mandatory core units, two specialist units and an additional two optional units.
Mandatory Core Units: Engineering Design; Engineering Maths; Engineering Science; Managing a Professional Engineering Project.
Mandatory Specialist units: Production Engineering for Manufacture; Quality and Process Improvement.
Optional Units: Mechanical Principles; CAD for Maintenance Engineers.
Skills and Knowledge Developed:
The course will:
• provide preparation for a range of technical and management careers in engineering
• provide specialised studies which are directly relevant to individual vocations and professions in which students are currently working or in which they intend to seek employment
• enable students to make an immediate contribution in employment
• provide flexibility, knowledge, skills and motivation as a basis for progression to graduate and postgraduate studies
• develop the range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes which are essential for successful performance in working life.
The college has up-to-date equipment and software to complement or prepare students for work in the engineering industries. Released students are encouraged to complete a work-based project. Where appropriate, teaching is practically based.
Please note: this course will only run if it receives a sufficient number of applications.
All information about your course including the programme structure, entry requirements, fees and teaching & assessment methods is made available to you via the prospectus.
Please see our HE Prospectus available in full online.