Course informationBake yourself happy! This is a very comprehensive course for people who may want a career in the baking or celebration cake industry or to start their own business. Students will work as an individual on practising advanced skills and being original and innovative in design of their own products. The course looks in depth at the theory of raw materials and processes used in the bakery in addition to developing enterprising business skills.
Students can choose one of the following learning pathways:
1. Cake making/cake decoration/raw materials/processes/starting a business
2. Bread and fermented goods/cake making/raw materials/processes/starting a business
3. Bread and fermented goods/cake making/cake decoration/raw materials/processes/starting a business
This course gives students the opportunity to learn and practice skills in the following areas:
- Advanced craft in bread, pastries and fermented goods
- Advanced craft in cake and sponge goods
- Advanced craft in cake decoration and design
Please note there are the following additional costs for this course:
1. Dummy cakes
2. Art materials – A3 pad/pencils/poster paints/paint brushes
3. Membership of ABST (bakery students' society) £15 per annum
4. Field trips if appropriate (German exchange visits)
QualificationsLevel 3 Diploma Professional Bakery and Cake Decoration
This course leads to...You could progress into employment or onto the following qualifications
Level 4 HNC in Hospitality Management
Level 3 Technical Diploma in Patisserie and Confectionary
Career Opportunities include:
Management within baker and cake decoration sector
Baker in the retail and wholesale sector
Baker in professional kitchens
Sugar craft demonstrator
Working in cake decorating studio
Entry RequirementsMinimum entry requirements are GCSE grades F-G or above in English and Maths, or achievement of Entry 3 in the college online initial assessment tests in English and Maths. It is desirable to have a reasonable level of ICT.
You will also be subject to interview. At interview we expect you to be enthusiastic and passionate about food. Please bring any GCSE results or predicted grades, plus any other qualifications you might have gained.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via email@example.com or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.