Course informationThe Pathways Team at The City of Liverpool College offers programmes for people with a wide range of learning difficulties and disabilities in a supportive environment which caters for needs both personal and academic, where experienced and committed staff adopt a person centred approach. We work closely with schools, external agencies, transition teams and social workers to ensure a smooth and effective move to Further Education takes place.
• To encourage independent learning in a safe and protective environment of study
• To develop strategies and overcome barriers, personal and academic
• To support students throughout their path to employment or training and development.
What is Entry 2 Employability Skills?
• N.O.C.N E2 Employability Skills with Literacy - reading for work and pleasure and developing writing listening and speaking skills. Numeracy - managing money time personal budgeting. On this Pathways Entry 2 Programme, we deliver functional skills if it is appropriate for the student. All our students have the opportunity for both vocational work placements and mainstream workshops. We offer a range of classroom based and practical activities to underpin employability including enterprise, volunteering, educational visits and enrichment. This is a full- time programme over two and half days (please note, we also offer: N.O.C.N Entry 3 Employability Skills).
We are based across the The City of Liverpool College but our main site is Duke Street. However, please note students can work at our additional sites, such as: The Learning Exchange (LEX), The Art Centre, Vauxhall road and Clarence Street.
What do we offer?
• Students can apply for one-to-one support when/where required.
• We also have a dedicated Care Team, who can support with personal care.
• We offer a subsidised transport service for some of our students. For more information please use the contact details below.
For more information about this programme and learning within Pathways please call the following contacts:
Maria Rimmer 0151-252-4617
Gill McDonough 0151-252-4526
QualificationsNOCN-Employability Skills Entry 2
This course leads to...Depending on the student level, E3 NOCN Employability Skills qualification-possibility of part time placement/mainstream Entry 1 courses.
Entry RequirementsStudents should be working at Pivat level 7 to enter E2 qualification. (A desire to carry out a work placement would be beneficial)
Please note, this is available only for applicants ages 16-25.
Apply Now »
Further Information...Need more information or can’t find the course you’re looking for? We can book you in to speak with our dedicated Advice & Guidance team about your options at The City of Liverpool College. With hundreds of courses and flexible learning, we’re sure to have something to meet your needs.
You can contact us online via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at any point on 0151 252 3000 with any queries you may have – we’re here to help.