Information for Employers
“Employers are vital in shaping the future of their industry!”
When it comes to the skills shortage across many sectors, employers provide the solution through industry work placements for young people in training. Our students are the workforce of tomorrow, and they want to upskill and progress swiftly and successfully into employment to kickstart their career.
In preparation for the new T Level qualifications being introduced across the country, the College is currently piloting Industry Placements. This innovative new placement was created as a direct result of feedback from employers and industry experts, to address the skills shortages identified across many industries.
Industry Placements are for a minimum of 315 hours (45-60 days) across the academic year. Placements can attend their place of work for block weeks or one day a week – or a combination of both, whichever is more beneficial to your business.
How Work Experience Placements benefits your business
Student placements provide employers with the following:
- An opportunity to spot rising stars within the industry
- The chance to strengthen your recruiting pipeline and increase diversity within your workforce – many successful placements have received the offer of an apprenticeship or permanent employment
- Extra resources to manage projects and day-to-day operations
- Bring a fresh perspective to your business
- Provide your employees with an opportunity to develop their own skills through mentoring students
- Raise your company’s profile in the community
- Help address the current and future skills shortages within your sector
- Inspire the next generation to work in your industry
- Majority of employers rate work experience as being of significant or critical value to young entrants to the labour market
- Extremely cost effective.
To find out more, talk to a member of the Work Placement team on: 0151 252 3163 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org